GOD, I HAVE BEEN ENJOYING THE BIBLE READING PLAN YOU HAVE BEEN WALKING ME THROUGH. I’M SORRY TO BE SO LATE GETTING THEM ON, BUT WITH YOUR HELP WE’LL GET THEM ON LITTLE BY LITTLE.
NO RUSH. JUST CONVALESCING WITH YOU, AND FOLLOWING YOUR LEAD IN SHARING WITH OTHERS.
YOUVERSION (A BIBLE APP YOU HAVE BLESSED ME WITH)
IS DOING A PLAN CALLED LENT: REMEMBERING THE LIFE OF JESUS.
Day 3 of 47 for Lent Plan – “The Baptism of Jesus”
Reading: Matthew 3:13-17, Mark 1:9-11, John 1:19-34 KJV
- Why do you think John didn’t want to baptize Jesus?
– He didn’t feel worthy to baptize the Messiah.
- Why did Jesus insist that John baptize Him?
– To fulfill the scripture/prophecy
– To obey
- What descended upon Jesus after He came out of the water? What did “it” look like?
– The Spirit of God descended upon Jesus after He came out of the water in the form of a dove.
- Worship: Write down one attribute of God and worship Him for who He is.
- Prayer: Pray for your extended family members.
– Cousins, Aunts, Uncles, Great Aunts, Great Uncles, nieces, nephews, in laws, fosters, adopted, step, family friends (friends who are family to us), church family
- Remembrance: Think about your baptism experience. What was that day like for you? (If you have not taken that next step, consider doing it soon!?
– Lord, You know I was baptized twice. Once as a child (8 yrs old), and the other in 1994 (25 yrs old). At 8 I was scared because I was afraid of drowning. At 25 I was completely in another world at the time because I couldn’t stop comparing to the Satanic culture and practices going on in our area, including murder.
I literally felt like I was being sacrificed in Your blood instead of being baptized in water. When I arose I felt like I was literally covered by Your blood. It strangely felt empowering, and Holy, and Special, like I had gained knowledge the world didn’t understand, that same knowledge that was trying to convince my mind that what we just did was as sick as Satanic rituals, and kept telling me it was no different than my church mate who had recently been murdered/sacrificed.
But, Lord, You not only allowed me to learn her death was not quite as reported, and to understand the huge difference in those sacrifices were literally as different as life and death. But the biggest difference is that Jesus didn’t ask to kill me. He didn’t ask nor demand to kill anyone. Instead He took my place while carrying the weight of my sins upon His cross. He did it because He loves me. You sent Him (Your only precious and begotten Son) because You love me too.
- Self-Examination: Are there any strained or unhealthy relationships in your life where you need to make changes?
A Kind Act
- Hold the door open for someone even if they don’t need you to.
– Amy needed to see a patient who just had double hip surgery, and the doctor asked Amy to evaluate her with her specialized skills. Amy is extremely graced with Your gifts for her, Lord. I pray for Amy, that patient, and the doctor, and all of Amy’s patients.